Di Malaysia, laporan Penilaian Impak Radiologi (RIA) hendaklah disediakan bagi mematuhi keperluan Akta Pelesenan Tenaga Atom 1984 (Akta 304). Maklumat lanjut bagi aktivit berkaitan pelupusan sisa bahan radioaktif semulajadi (NORM) daripada industri minyak dan gas atau industri perlombongan diterangkan dalam LEM/TEK/30 SEM.2, 1996 dan LEM/TEK/58, 2009
Kaedah yang digunakan untuk menjalankan RIA adalah seperti dibawah:
- Determining the source term of the elevated NORM present, where samples analyzed using gamma spectrometer or NAA.
- Referring to the radiological criteria set by AELB,
- Establishment of site characteristics including onsite specific data which includes demography, meteorology, hydrology, geology, human activities and future land use.
- Identifying critical group(s) which must be site specific and the group(s) is identified based on the present population living at the site and its future growth which directly and indirectly affected by the radiological exposure from the site.
- Identifying critical pathways for the estimated dose to the population by different migration patterns and modes of transport of radionuclides in passing through the environment. The three main exposure pathways are external, inhalation and ingestion pathway.
- Establishment of dosimetric models where mathematical models were developed based on the exposure pathways and identified scenarios to calculate the estimated dose.
Agensi Nuklear Malaysia has the capability and experience in conducting RIA study based on AELB guidelines and regulations.
Untuk maklumat lanjut, sila layari SISPA.